Meet the Talent: Jenn Asia


Jenn Asia
Learn More

Why do you play music?
Music has been the foundation of my entire life, allowing me to live a life like none other.

How long have you been playing music?
Since the age of 4, currently 27 years

How long have you been playing professionally?
During my educational years, I played piano in the choirs, school bands, and orchestras. I started as a Session Artist for touring and recording bands when in my 20s when I graduated. Now in my 30s I have launched my solo career as a cocktail pianist.

How would you describe your sound?
Atmospherics. I use the tempo and the volume of my piano to control the environment and the people in it by creating the perfect ambiance for each occasion.

What influences your music the most?
I'm drawn to Billboard and Top 40 Popular Music because it creates a feeling of comfort and automatically draws you into specific memories or feelings.

What is the first record you bought? Where did you listen to it?
Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill 1995. Everywhere.

If you could play with any band/musician throughout time, who would it be?
Madonna

If you could play on any stage, where would it be?
I would make my own stage at the base of the Eiffel Tower of Paris.

What is your favorite moment of performing for a live audience?
Feeling the audience's reactions

What do you do when you’re not playing music?
I am a mother of one and an entrepreneur of multiple businesses that keep me very busy and focused.

If you had to describe your music in one word it would be….
Ambiance

What would the soundtrack be to a documentary about you?
Theatrical, Transitional, Classical.

One thing you can’t live without….
Love

Describe yourself in one word…
Beautiful

I think it’s beautiful when…
Music brings people together

If you were to end up stranded on a deserted island but could bring one item with you, what would it be?
Master Yacht

What are your words to live by/life motto?
Nature always has a way of reminding us how small we are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Talentplus

Casting Updates

Events & Entertainment