Meet the Talent: Vanessa Leinani


Vanessa Leinani
Three words that best describe me...
Kind, Feisty, Butterfly

I was discovered...
When I was born. My mother looked at me and said "She's such a treasure". My father responded, "Great! Let's bury her!". My father has an offbeat sense of humor!

What most people don't know about me is...
Quite a lot since I'm a private extrovert or outgoing introvert? As a little kid, I started gymnastics training with a U.S. Gold Medalist, who also acted, which I thought was amazing! I got kicked out of figure skating class because I talked too much. I got kicked out of dance school because I talked too much. I was welcomed with open arms into theater though! They seemed to like all the talking I did! I literally grew up in the theater since my dad started one.

My favorite thing to do in my spare time is...
Interacting with people, singing, dancing, learning new skills, journaling and sometimes just lighting some candles and daydreaming.

The person who inspires me the most is...
My dad because he taught me so much about music, acting and going after my dreams. To this day, my father continues to be my biggest supporter and sounding board.

The funniest thing that has ever happened to me...
I was filming for a web series and I was in rough looking clothes, army boots, fake blood and cuts. The bathroom on set wasn't working so they would caravan us over to a gas station to use their restroom. On the way in, the cashier nearly had a heart attack when she saw me and said "Oh my! Are you okay? Were you in a car accident? Do you need help?" We busted out laughing and explained we were filming nearby.

The movie that best describes my life is...
Actually, there isn't one. Think about it, a Hawaiian-Polish-Russian girl, born in Texas, grows up to be a singer and actress who didn't rush off to LA and instead, is in a smaller market in the Midwest, still leading a rather gypsy lifestyle...Where has anyone seen that movie synopsis?

My favorite words to live by are...
From a book I loved as a kid: "Do not judge a person by the way they look, or by the way it's covered, for inside those tattered pages, there is much to be discovered."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram