Meet The Talent: Whiskey Morning Band


Whiskey Morning Band


We are excited to announce our recent partnership with Whiskey Morning Band! Over the years, we have had the chance to work with the lovely, multi-talented Suzy Bacino as she transitioned and grew her career from modeling, to on-set hair, make-up, and wardrobe, to pursuing her passion for music. Suzy took on the STL music scene in 2010, and with a deep love for country music and songwriting she founded Whiskey Morning Band. While we've been constantly stunned by her creativity and professionalism over the years, we were excited to learn more about Suzy the musician and what inspired her to start her musical journey...


Why do you play music?
Probably for the reason most musicians play music - I can’t NOT play it. It’s in my head all day long. I wake up with a song in my head.

How long have you been playing professionally?
I was in my first band about seven years ago. I started Whiskey Morning Band in 2011 with a friend (who is no longer in the band). I’m the last original member of WMB. The other members of the band have all been playing professionally since their teens. All have been involved with incredible bands like Stir, Shooting with Annie, Joe Dirt, El Monstero, The Nukes, among others.

How would you describe your sound?
Whiskey Morning Band is a mix of classic country and Americana.

What is the first record you bought? Where did you listen to it?
The first record I ever bought was with a $5 bill my grandpa gave me for Christmas one year. It was John Denver’s Greatest Hits. I listened to it on my older brother’s stereo...probably without his permission.

If you could play on any stage, where would it be?
The Ryman, of course, and the Grand Ole Opry stage.

What is your favorite moment of performing for a live audience?
Playing for people who are really listening and even singing the lyrics of one of my songs - that’s the best feeling ever.

What would the soundtrack be to a documentary about you?
A mix of John Denver, Emmylou Harris, and The Eagles for the early years; Nanci Griffith, the Dixie Chicks, and Dwight Yoakam for the college years; and Jason Isbell, Buck Owens, John Prine, Graham Parsons, and Ryan Adams for the songwriting years (now).

People think it’s strange that I…
love tattoos.

If you were to end up stranded on a deserted island but could bring one item with you, what would it be?
A fully fueled helicopter with a pilot to get me the heck out of there!

Fun Facts?
Two members of the band have cats named Loretta Lynn. Purely coincidental. One member is the Captain of a local firehouse. One member played with Vince Gill & John Hartford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram